Glossybox November

15:29:00

This is what I got in this months Glossybox:


Overall:

I can understand why people were complaining about this box, it's certainly not up to the standard I expect from GB. The nail wraps should not have been repeated, the bath salts are not high end, foot creme is a waste of money for most people and perfume is really not loved in the beauty box community. The Skin Perfector alone saved this box but its on its way to my mum along with most of the rest of the box and I have serious issues with a company giving the impression it is natural and not declaring full a ingedient list. (I will do another post on how to find out if "natural" claims are really what they claim to be soon too!)


  • Arbonne Cooling foot creme (£19/118ml)
    • This smells nice and goes on well but who uses cooling foot creme in Winter? I might use it after I get back from a run or a heavy xmas shop but even then there are better products on the market for soothing your feet/legs. (The Origins one is on my list of things to try!)
    • It says it contains AHA and Salicylic Acid. Salicylic acid is used in your spot creams to help shift spots and AHA is usually in face moisturisers. I can't see a need for them in a foot creme (or even a body creme!), you would be better spending little money on a cheap basic moisturiser or just using a bit of your normal body moisturiser. 

  • Dead Sea Spa Magick bath salts (£5.50/1kg)
    • Bath salts? GB these are not high end. 
    • For the price this sample is worth, I recommend buying a tub of Epsom salts from your local pharmacist instead. They cost about £2 and actually work at making you look that little bit thinner by working to draw out toxins from your skin. 

  • Monu Skin Perfector (£16.25/50ml)
    • This has been featured in the Anti-Aging Beauty Bible which should have given GB a clue as to who to send this one out to. Im in my early 20's and I certainly don't need a creme to disguise fine lines. 
    • In its defence, I tried it on the back of my hand and it does make a difference. In addition the company seems to be using plant ingredients (although the "ingredients" tab on the product listing just lists the blurb on the back of the tube and not a real comprehensive list so read into its natural claims what you will).

  • Nail Rock Nail Wraps (£6.65/full size)
    • Luckily I got the only design I'd be prepared to try out on my hands. 
    • These have got mixed reviews, some love them, others have pointed out that they are fiddly, don't fit nails, don't last long and that you need an acetone based remover to start with. 
    • When I tried these they were AWFUL. The sizes do not fit my nails, they are so fiddly and don't stick very well. I did one hand, took them straight off and they went in the bin. They looked exactly like stickers and to me looked cheap and tacky. 

  • Serge Lutens purfumes x 2
    • This seems to have been a the source of all complaints this week. You can get these for free in department stores, why are they a paid for sample? Perfume is highly personal and so probably shouldn't be included anyway. If you are watching what ingredients you use on your body, watch out for a post I will be doing on the ingredient Parfum soon. 
    • Vitriol d'oeillet smells like Lush. Its a nice smell in the Lush shop smell category but I wouldn't want to walk round smelling like it all day. 
    • l'eau Serge Lutens is a fresher, floral fragrance.





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Didnt they have the bath salts in there before??? I canceled my Sub last month just after 2 box's as i found i hated it and Boudoir prive box's were much nicer and had items in it i actully used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! but that box i got the salt scrub that i've still not tried. I tend to not buy those sorts of scrubs, they're stupidly easy to make yourself and much less expensive! I'm with boudoir prive too, last months was gorgeous! I'm waiting on next months Amarya one too. I'm cancelling glossy box after the xmas one. I can't justify the £12.95 on what they give out every single month.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe