Upcycled Brush Pot

14:05:00


Today I thought I'd share how I made my brush holder. Believe it or not, this started life as an old Nutella jar and some nail polish!


(Apologies for the horrific state of the brushes. I use these every day and today is wash day!)

First, you take any old glass jar. I used a Nutella one as this was just what we had hanging around and it was a nice shape and size.


Then you select your nail polish colour. I had a few glitter polishes that I would just never use so I chose these.

Then you need to layer them one by one on the inside of the jar. You need thin layers and each layer does need to dry before you put the next one on. It took me quite a few layers (three bottles of polish went into this!) but I think it looks amazing! I saved a old jar and used nail polish I never would have :)





(Please note - Dior is not cruelty free. I am now cruelty free but I do not see the point in simply throwing away products that are perfectly useable that were purchased before I chose to only purchase cruelty free products as this just creates more waste and helps no-one. )

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe